What do I need to take.
Check List – Things I’ve got
- Bike. I’m thinking I’ll take my On One 456ti. I’ve used this bike for 3 years, its strong, fits me perfectly and is compatible with rear racks.
- Cycling clothes. Padded shorts, merino shirts, insulated leggings, waterproof jacket and trousers, Buff’s, cycling hat, sun glasses and shoes.
- Wash bag. Washing stuff and medication with lightweight micro-towel.
- Camera. Canon powershot.
- Sleeping bag. Lightweight, packs small and is very warm.
Outstanding – Things I need to get
- Bike rack / panniers. I think strong, robust and compatible with disc brakes and rotors.
- Waterproof pannier bags. I will sacrifice robustness and waterproofness for lightweight
- Tent. Lightweight, easy to erect and fully weatherproof.
- Cooking equipment. Lightweight and packing very small
- That’s about it for the important bits.
Options – Should I take?
- Hiking boots, trainers. Useful for off the bike but heavy and take up loads of space.
- Off bike clothes. Trousers and ‘T’ shirts. Need very lightweight and pack very small.